The death toll in China's major earthquake increased by 4,589 to 55,740 as of Friday noon, according to the State Council Information Office.
And 292,481 people were injured and 24,960 missing in the 8.0-magnitude quake that jolted southwest China's Sichuan Province on May 12.
Meanwhile, 11.37 million quake survivors were relocated, the office said.
The Ministry of Health said that 3,451 people injured in the quake had died in hospitals as of Friday noon.
The hospitals have taken in 73,939 injured people since the quake. By noon on Friday, 38,683 people had been treated and discharged while 28,377 were still being treated, the ministry said.
Meanwhile, 3,428 patients have been transferred outside of Sichuan for further treatment and 86,517 medical staff from the country over were working in the quake areas.
Power supply restored in most part of quake-hit areas, with Beichuan county, one of the worst hit places, and Hongyuan county remaining black out. Lixian county had seen electricity cut off again due to aftershocks, while power had fully restored in Jiuzhaigou, a tourist attraction, the State Electricity Regulatory Commission said in a statement.
(Xinhua News Agency May 23, 2008)