As of Tuesday noon, the government had allocated 360 million yuan (US$52.17 million) for disaster relief after a massive quake rocked China's southwest Sichuan Province on Monday.
Vice Minister of Civil Affairs Luo Pingfei told reporters that 60,600 tents have been sent to the quake-hit regions.
Luo said the quake had been felt by most provinces and regions, except for Jilin, Helongjiang and Xinjiang.
The 7.8-magnitude quake has so far killed 11,921 people, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said in a release issued on Tuesday afternoon.
(Xinhua News Agency May 13, 2008)