Off the wire
Lula da Silva accepts to be presidential candidate despite prison sentence  • Colombian gov't, rebels to seek new ceasefire accord  • Hollywood actor criticizes U.S. gov't for pulling out of Paris climate agreement  • Lula da Silva accepts to be presidential candidate despite prison sentence  • Colombian gov't, rebels to seek new ceasefire accord  • Hollywood actor criticizes U.S. gov't for pulling out of Paris climate agreement  • Lula da Silva accepts to be presidential candidate despite prison sentence  • Colombian gov't, rebels to seek new ceasefire accord  • Hollywood actor criticizes U.S. gov't for pulling out of Paris climate agreement  • Lula da Silva accepts to be presidential candidate despite prison sentence  
You are here:  

4 killed in car bomb attack in Syria's Qamishli

Xinhua,February 19, 2018 Adjust font size:

DAMASCUS, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- Four people were killed Sunday when a car bomb went off in Syria's predominantly-Kurdish city of Qamishli, a Kurdish source told Xinhua.

The car bomb ripped through the Ice Factory street in a western neighborhood of Qamishli, the source said. Further details are still forthcoming.

The blast is not the first to target that area, as the Islamic State (IS) group has previously targeted Kurdish positions in Qamishli in the northeastern province of al-Hasakah. Enditem